Breast augmentation is the process of enhancing or enlarging one’s breasts through various procedures. Most people who want to go through this procedure have a lot of questions, especially concerning their recovery.
Some of the most frequently asked questions about augmentation recovery are:
- Where will I be taken upon completion of the surgery?
- What medication will the doctor prescribe to me after surgery?
- Will I have bandages or dressing after the procedure and if so when will they be removed?
- Do surgeons remove the stitches? If so, when?
- When will it be suitable to resume my normal activities?
- When can I return for a follow up?
The practice of surgery and medicine is not an exact science thus, even though it yields positive results most of the time, there are no guarantees. In some cases, only one surgery is needed to do the procedure while in some situations, it may take two. When a person experiences chest pains, unusual heartbeats or shortness of breath, they should seek medical help right away. If one of these problems occurs after breast augmentation, one might need further medical treatment and hospitalization.
Breast augmentation costs
Another major concern for the majority of women who want to have a breast augmentation is the cost of the whole procedure. Surgeon’s charges vary depending with his or her reputation and experience, the location of the medical institution, the implants and medication.
When one is thinking of covering the cost of breast augmentation, she should have known that the cost includes the various things like:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Anesthesia fees
- Medical tests
- Cost of the operating facility
- Cost of implants
- Consultation fee
- Post-surgery garments
The bulk of health insurance plans do not cover the cost for cosmetic surgery such as breast augmentation. They also do not pay for any complications arising from such surgeries. Some insurance even excludes coverage of breast diseases for individuals who have breast implants. Therefore, one should review their health insurance plan before going through with this procedure.
Non-Surgical Breast Augmentation Options
There are other options of that one can use to enhance or increase the size of breasts instead of going through a medical procedure.
These methods include:
- Breast massage– massaging the breast has been known to increase their size and firmness. It is recommended that one do this at least 10 minutes every morning and evening. One should be in a relaxed mood when doing this. This method is quite slow in yielding results, and requires patience.
- Breast pumps– this are instruments than one can use to increase their breast size. These pumps can increase one cap size within a very short period. Nevertheless, this increase is normally not permanent, as the breast stays enlarged for only 8 hours. Thus, it requires one to use the pumps every morning.
- Breast creams– these are the most effective at natural augmentation procedures. These breast enhancement creams contain herbs and other natural ingredients that will stimulate growth of breast tissue.